Think of our community as your new locker room. Interact with former athletes, entrepreneurs, and sports tech creators, and get ready to launch products. Go ahead: Join our community, start a conversation or join an existing one. pic.twitter.com/1Hek9Ts3sy— Athlete Stack 🚀 (@AthleteStack) May 5, 2021
Join us in the Prepare 4 VC Club on @Clubhouse at 5PM EST for a #NationalInventorsMonth discussion moderated by @Jkraus23 @ParnaSarkar @themarkhutchins @Rhunter15 and @ADotConnectorhttps://t.co/q7mRDOXIdh— Prepare 4 VC (@Prepare4VC) May 18, 2021
Here you can chat with the Athlete Stackers to share ideas and resources, and just generally get to know each other. Go ahead: start a conversation or join an existing one. Have you introduced yourself yet? Click here to meet👋 the community.
✅ Sharing resources, tools and tips for building products. Use this space for your random finds, tips and thoughts. Does it relate to entrepreneurship, startups and product building? Share it here.
✅ Share what's on your desk. Get feedback and accessory ideas for your current work space.
❌ Sharing an official blog-like resource, event or podcast. Do that in The Resources channel.
🔎 You get the idea! Help us make this a safe, resourceful community space for everyone by always working to contribute as a team. 🤝
- Be the point person for Game Plan customers in our college athletics division - helping them implement, grow, and measure their success with our platform.
- Become an expert in our software, as well as best practices around the athlete development industry, in order to best assist our partners.
- Manage training, support, and implementation of staff at partner organization.
- Collaborate with customers by phone, email, and in-person meetings to assist with questions, provide support, and identify opportunities for growth.
- Ensure high engagement and usage rates across the Game Plan platform.
- Manage renewal of customer agreements.
- Work with customers to identify opportunities for increased engagement through the Game Plan platform.
- Report customer feedback to product team to assist in product development.
- Help sales team by providing case studies, best practices, and customer referrals.
- Work together with Customer Success team to ensure the best possible service to our partners.
- Must be located near or in a PLL 2021 market
- Must be a self-starter with a high-motor and ability to learn quickly + self-teach
- Energized around bringing new fans to the PLL and supporting direct ticket sales through personal network and local community organizations/groups
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal and team-based skills
- Organized, with the ability to simultaneously manage 100+ conversations effectively
- Hard worker who is a “doer” first; must be ready to roll sleeves up
- Highly motivated and eager to make an impact on the organization
- Access to and knowledge of standard office software
- Lacrosse background is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
For the longest time, student athletes like you have had to deal with one major setback: Despite all your accomplishments, regardless of all your success, and despite all your hard work and dedication, you were forbidden from profiting off of your name, image, or likeness. Referred to as an athlete's "NIL," the National Collegiate Athletic Association stood firm in their rules that stated college athletes participating in sports like football, basketball, soccer, and countless others throughout Division I, II, and III schools couldn't hire agents, take on endorsements, or profit from their athletics in any way, shape, or form. From video games and live broadcasts to YouTube videos and social media posts, you couldn't take a dime from anyone because of one simple concept — you play an NCAA sport in college.